Saturday, December 5, 2009

Posada Cavieres

When I travel, one of the things I hate most is generic hotel rooms.  To me, they’re so bland and boring and you may as well be in any city in the world.  So when I travel, I seek out (ok, obsessively research!) unique places that are affordable.

So far (knock on wood) I’ve stayed at some amazing places in Thailand and Costa Rica. 

In Argentina, the cool unique place turned out to be Posada Cavieres.  It’s near Mendoza in the Maipu Valley and is 100% relaxation.  The posada has 3 rooms and behind is are vineyards and olive groves and a whole lot of birds singing (one of the smallest flaws: they start singing at 5am)

I came here seeking total relaxation and I found it! it’s so amazingly quiet and peaceful here.  They have bikes available and you can tour a bunch of wineries nearby.  And it’s only 20 minutes from the city of Mendoza. 

It’s run by a husband and wife team who are super friendly and who go the extra mile.  Most people seem to only stay here for a night or two as a stopover in Mendoza.  I’ve been here 3 days and am already so relaxed.  I think it’s just what I needed to recharge my battery. aaaahhhhhhh…….

the vineyard behind the Posada

PB290415 

                   The front entrance & outdoor dining area

PB290419

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

the front entrance

PB290420                The back deck

PB290416

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Posada’s dog (who reminded me of the sheepdog on the Bugs’ bunny cartoons!)

PB300451

No comments: