Saturday, December 5, 2009

Termas Cacheuta

Yesterday, I met up with a friend of a good friend of mine and we decided to spend the day at  Termas Cacheuta that a lady had told me about.  The hot springs are about an hour away from Mendoza near the town of Potreillos.

The hot springs are part of this hotel but I have to say, they were by far the best ones that I had been to!  There were a ton of different pools of all different temperatures.  The pools were built of rock and were awesome.  Also incredible, was the view of the canyons and Mendoza river.  Entrance to the Hot springs was about $55cdn for the whole day including lunch.  Over lunch we split a bottle of Malbec.  A bottle of organic reserve Malbec at the restaurant was about $10cdn!  After our filling lunch and wine, a siesta was in order.  I can’t believe I managed to fill a full day of relaxing.  I was so busy relaxing I didn’t even get to the cool grotto sauna thing or read my book.  The biggest stress of the day was deciding whether we should lather up with mud or which tub to sit in.  I love it.  I can’t believe I’m FINALLY relaxing…

the view from one of the tubs

PC030529

       

the rock footbath/massage thing to walk thru and an indoor tub

PC040549

PC030544

 

 

 

 

 

 

the view in one of the tubs

PC040546

No comments: